Sunday, March 8, 2009

Love a little iron, A little protein

*sigh* There is nothing on this world better than a grilled steak filet with a nice warm, red center. I haven't had one since New Year's and it had left a lot to be desired. So with a little money that the dad sent me, I took myself out to a wonderful steak dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Hmmm Dallas filet. Amazing. Of course, everyone else had the same idea on a Saturday night and I was able to find a single seat at the bar. The bar can be kind of a fun place, you end up having conversations with random people and hearing some pretty crazy stories. For instance, last night.

So, I'm sitting there working on some homework and looking over some thesis stuff...loving! the wonderful rolls they have there. This dude sits down and eventually strikes up a conversation, mainly he's just talking about his job, his life and where he likes to hang out. I mention a bar that a friend of mine likes to go to when we all go out and that leads to a conversation on why he got barred from a bar. This story involved a bar fight that consisted of the older opponent ending up in critical condition and the dude I was talking to being arrested for several felonies including assault and attempted murder. Holy Shit! Apparently, over this guy's 40 or so years he had never been in trouble and it got dropped down to misdemeanors. And his opponent made a full recovery. Crazy. First time I'd had a conversation with a dude who had been charged with something you hear about on Law and Order.

All right, lunch time, got to go make my delicious delicious wrap. And then finishing homework because sadly, vacation is over tomorrow.

No comments: