Friday, March 6, 2009

Hmm

Sadly, sadly spring break is winding down and I have to actually make sure I get homework done instead of making really good plans for what I will be doing tomorrow. Seriously, based on the massively detailed and amazingly complex and hopeful iteneraries I make for myself, you would I think I was actually getting stuff done...but I'm not. Although, I can feel a little better because thesis work did get done...poster presentation that will be presented next week is just about done...and my several mental health days that I took when I ran away to the mom's house for puppies and food were amazing.

On another note, Thailand bioarch trip is getting closer. My first field school AND I get to dig up bones! I have to pay for it and buy my tickets soon, but I am officially on the list to go. So exciting! Can't believe I will be in the country of the King and I...way too bad that Yul Brynner will not be there. But there are elephants and a tiger preserve that I am hoping to go see and unfortunately, monkeys. I hate monkeys. They are so dirty and they come up and steal your stuff. And I have no idea what to do if I am approached. And they are in the town we will be staying in, just wondering around. Luckily, though, they aren't so much around the Buddhist temple where we are digging. And it really is getting closer, we just got an email from our prof. detailing things we will need. How we have to wear shirts with at least short sleeves and long pants when we dig to respect the Buddhist ideas on modesty (really this is just for the girls, but our prof. decided everyone should be the same - which is nice). Ah! I am getting so excited, this trip is going to so awesome. I need to start making lists of things I need to do and get before I leave, so far I know I need rain poncho, maybe hiking shoes, a shiny new trowel for digging, and probably several drugs (multi-stage antibiotic for traveller's stomach issues and possibly something for malaria - though hopefully not the one that the Army was giving out and made some of the soldiers go crazy - small statistic, I know, but still).

Found a new blog through another blog I am reading, Delta Whiskey is an awesome cook. She takes pictures of her food as she cooks it and gives some really good instructions and reasons for some substitutions. I am still learning about cooking so I find her info really helpful. Plus, she's pretty funny, so check her out.

Finally, what has happened to Big Tobacco? On the right side of my blog there is a growing list of blogs I read and one of them is from a staff sgt writing from Iraq. He was updating pretty regularly and then all of a sudden his website doesn't exist. This is probably a bad sign considering where he was - meaning someone higher up the chain got pissed. Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, off to work.

No comments: