Thursday, October 30, 2008

Obama rally yesterday was awesome. He made some really good points about the economy and came off really strong about defense and taking care of our troops. His ideas about encouraging people to enlist or otherwise volunteer for some sort of national service are important. I especially liked his emphasis on making college affordable, as a broke college student I am all ears. He ties this in with national service - he wants higher education to be attainable for everyone, but those that join the military or the peacecorp should have their college paid for and college work study should be used as a way to volunteer in the community. This is all well and good and I support it, but I need a little help paying for grad school.

It was really cool to be part of one of the largest crowds in NC that he has had so far - 20 to 30,000 people showed up. It feels like all the stories you hear about the '60s - its like a movement...like something different and exciting and good is just around the corner. I have never been so emotionally invested in a campaign and if he loses...ugh, I'm going to be dissappointed and heartbroken. But no matter who wins, everybody has got to suck it up and come together because its going to be a tough job getting this country back on track.

Anyway, Christmas is just around the corner and I have already started watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas - makes me feel warm and fuzzy and I can't wait for the season to start (which happens right after Halloween is over).

No comments: