Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting ready to start classes soon, whoohoo! Definitely a good thing since it feels like all I have done is sit around and continue to spend money with a little bit of unpacking sprinkled in here and there. Some of you will be proud to know I am finally throwing away boxes that I have kept for the past two years - they were broken down and put into the recycling the other day. There are a lot less to finish, but seems like I will never get everything unpacked. Oh well.

The town has been good so far, with the cool Carolina nights starting to set in. Hopefully, the days will get cooler, too - I've had enough of hot and humid from being in Florida where you could walk out the apt door at 7:30 in the morning and start sweating.

Driving on the interstate the other day, I saw a small herd of deer on the side of the highway, strung out along the hill. Nice to see deer again, didn't see any in Florida (which are about the size of a big dog from what I was told). These were your average NC deer - about 4 or 5 ft at the shoulder.

Spent time with the folks this weekend and got some puppy time in. I have never seen a German Shepherd as obsessed with a tennis ball as the parents' puppy is, always thought it was more of a lab thing.

Attaching another movie with this post. When I was in England my friend, who graciously shared her flat and showed me around, recorded a message for our friend who wasn't able to make it over. Enjoy! both of you - hope you like the music choice :) *Took down movie as it fulfilled its purpose : )*

I will be adding another movie of England highlights - hopefully minimizing the shakiness and increasing the interesting-ness. :)


3 comments:

Hill Billy Rave said...

Hey Lady. You showed up on my stat counter as having me linked. I had no idea. Thank You. You ought to have said Hello.

Bio-Archaeologist or Anthropologist or a little of both?

Hill Billy Rave said...

Where abouts did you spend time in my neck of the woods? You kow, I've not spoken of Moutain topics lateley.

How old is real old? Archaic? Paleo?

Hill Billy Rave said...

Pipsqeak, I didn't know that about the cat fish! I'd love to see Cohokia. I have been to Moundville and peeked into Etowah I even hold the Nikwasi mound in revrence.
I'm "armchair" at that stuff. It was a fascinating world!