Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Traffic

Why is it so incredibly satisfying to honk your horn at someone? I don't do it very often and always hesitate to make sure that this really is the right moment. But once that moment has been determined and is a go - man, it's amazing. Honking seems to perfectly express that righteous sense of indignation, especially when you accompany it with the 'you're an idiot' headshake and/or the hand(s) in the air 'what the hell are you doing' gesture.

I used the standard honk and shake today. There I am at the light, getting ready to pull out and beat the car full of guys at the acceleration race (silly but legal and not dangerous). Green light - I'm accelerating! - and then some idiot at the corner
pulls out as if to cut in front of me and then stops. In the intersection. W.T.F. On-coming traffic + red light = stay behind the line. I quickly decelerate and he sits there and stares at me for a good 5 - 10 seconds (like he's wondering what I'm doing pulling forward with a green light), he finally finishes his right hand turn and I respond with the car form of Cesar's (Dog Whisperer) training touch. Somebody needs to learn some boundaries, rules, and limitations.

2 comments:

MJ said...

HAHAHAHAH! Tss!

allison said...

Ha, I honked today pulling out of somewhere. I felt so embarrassed b/c I thought how dumb my horn sounds. It's a squeaky toot that sounds soooo not intimidating